Most of the time, people go into relationships and marriages without knowing themselves. They engage in sexual activities to hold on to a fellow which in the end gives them emotional trials but then the truth remains the truth and nothing ever stops the truth.
In today’s society, almost everyone, especially the unmarried are sexually active. For many, saying you are not is now a taboo. However there are certain benefits to not having sex outside marriage. Some of which include;
•You will be biblically and spiritually sound. (Leviticus 20: 10-21, Acts 15:20, Colossians 3:5, Proverbs 5: 3-81 Corinthians 6: 9, 13, 151 Thessalonians 4: 3-8, Proverbs 7: 21-27, Galatians 5:9Hebrews 13:4
- Enjoy feelings of self worth, empowerment and individuality.
- Socialize with and date the opposite sex without the pressures and awkwardness of negotiating sex.
- Know that someone loves you for who you are rather than what you can give sexually.
- Avoid an unexpected or unwanted pregnancy.
- Avoid catching one of over 20 sexually transmitted infections (see STI- http://www.celibrate.org/stis.php).
- Enjoy 100% protection against pregnancy and disease. No birth control method can guarantee against pregnancy or STIs. Every method, including condoms, has a failure rate. In lab tests, condoms fail 3% of the time, and studies show that first year condom users experience a 15% failure rate.
- Waiting for sex until marriage is likely to increase your chances of a happy and lasting marriage. Studies have shown that people who have sex before marriage have an increased risk of getting divorced.
- If dating someone who also has the willpower and commitment to stay sexually abstinent, there is the chance to live with your partner before marriage and enjoy the companionship, financial benefits and the knowledge that you are not ‘walking into the unknown’ after tying the knot.
- Avoid the heartbreak, regret, anger and emotional turmoil that a failed sexual relationship brings. Avoid giving away something precious, only to be left feeling used and worthless.
- Learn how to love unconditionally rather than lust. Relationships based on lust are often doomed to fail, since once the lust that held them together has subsided; it leaves behind a void of emptiness. Relationships based on love are more concerned with the unchangeable inner person rather than outer appearances that are changeable over time.
- Enjoy healthier dating without having to focus on sex. Many couples report that having sex ruined their otherwise strong relationship. They somehow stopped getting to know each other as sex became more and more a focus.
- Enjoy feeling emotionally healthy and stronger, more able to face the future. Many people use sex as an escape from the disappointments and pain in their lives, only to find that sex brings them more problems than it solves.